Friday, November 8, 2013

Want Something to Get Done? Have a Fever.

Noviembre 7, 2013

And sometimes, you just have to lay in bed with a fever despite feeling guilty for things to happen.

How or why, you ask? Well. Two days in a row now I've had what felt like a fever (the damn thermometer PC gave us is in Celcius and I haven't had luz to convert it to Farenheit to know). Yesterday I went to the school to talk with Natividad and then to Villa cuz Diego needed food and I needed to go online and print something for the Courts4Kids project. When I got back I realized I couldn't really see straight (good thing I'm not allowed to drive in this country) so I laid down...for what turned into the rest of the day (obviously getting interrupted many times by my kiddos screaming my name). The last time I finally decided to ignore little Jonny. Until, that is, he yells, "Someone is here to see you!" Grungy and a mess, I got up and answered the door to a lady with her adorable baby boy. She is the woman that spoke with Mavel about wanting to help me voluntarily with my informal preschool. She is studying early childhood education and is putting off the next step because she would like to get some experience first. SHE came and found ME. I can't tell you how crazy that is! I told her about Esperanza missing two meetings and how I wanted to get started soon. That I would love to just partner up with her and get going. That though it's in my house with my things, I want this project to be hers. The kids will pay $100RD monthly and it'll all go to her. I'm here to help plan, manage the kids, and provide the space, but she will be the main teacher. I showed her some materials, asked when she could come to plan, and we agreed on Friday morning! Looks like I'll finally be starting next week!!
The luz never came back so I went to bed early. Which... Made Diego get up at 5:30am cuz he wanted to go outside. I let him out and just sat in my chair still half asleep waiting for him to come back. Then I went back to sleep and unwillingly arose around 9. Going back and forth between laying down, walking Diego, trying to eat, and doing laundry, I received a phone call from Zach for Courts4Kids. Apparently they might have another slot open and he wants me to have first dibs (!!!). I wasn't really aware that I wasn't in the running anymore but hell, I'll take it! I've just gotta get our estimate down and soon in order for things to look up. It's not a guarantee, but it's hope.
So it turns out laying in bed with a fever and doing nothing is okay sometimes. And things can take steps forward without me being on top of my game all the time (which it's been quite a while since I've been on top of my game...) ;)
I skipped my afternoon pull-outs in El Batey in the hopes that I'd feel better for my English class in Juananito. I really didn't want to miss that (haha that's still crazy to me). And it was amazing yet again! I had 16 people come and they were a blast :D I did a lot of blushing as they said over and over again how blessed they are to have me... Now to try and get motivated for my in-site English class tomorrow... ;)
Buenas noches

No comments:

Post a Comment