Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Water and Softball. What Could Be Better?

15 de febrero 2014. 
I slept last night!! And woke up all on my own at 8am :)
Llegó el agua!!! And Pipe was gone so I got to help carry big jugs full of water from the neighbors house to ours to fill the tanks 100X. Yay manual labor!! Seriously. Was so happy. And about two hours later? Water gone. Short lived but so worth it. I was dancing and singing while fetching water and my Doña got a kick out of it :P
Found out that Nena didn't feed her kids in the morning and didn't feed TinTin (my favorite despite being quite the trouble maker...) in the afternoon because he didn't go fetch wood for the fogón... I was gonna keep eating in the afternoons with her because of how hard it is to cook in between tandas, and find time to travel to another town for the market to buy food when travelling is already hard, and so on. But now? I'm not so sure how I feel about that. Even her own mother found out about it and flipped with me. Said she's gonna investigate and find out the truth. Because a mother's job is to feed her children. She can find other ways to punish them without withholding food.. I agree. I ate half my food and gave him the other half. Oops.
Laundry day! Though I upset Pipe. Cuz it's Saturday and according to the Bible, God prohibits us from doing any work on Saturdays. Which may or may not have been why I did it specifically today. So that I could do it on my own and he couldn't help me... He wasn't happy. And afterwards, I wasn't too thrilled either with the awful burns I've got on my fingers now...but! It had to be done. And I was happy doing it all on my own.
Softball practice! And it was legit! Three hours worth and starting out with running, exercises, and drills before scrimmaging. The coach is awesome and plays for our men's team :). I had a blast, made some good plays and some bad ones, and my body is beat.
Finished my clothes, played cards, ate dinner, and went to bed. Bam!

18 de enero 2014. So Sunday we had our big baseball game! First Pipe and a bunch of my munchkins took me to the river for the first time. Here's some pictures:







We made it back by 2 and this place was already packed with people and only got more packed. These two games determined the winner of the trophy and marked the end of the season. And we only had to win one out of the two to take it. The first game? Lost. Second? The other team got one of our best players kicked out. We think they schemed that ahead of time. The crowd went insane and I thought for sure we weren't going to keep playing at that point. We continued, however, and WON!! Holy celebration. It was so insanely awesome. Lots of screaming, running, chanting, hugs, you name it :D 
I went with Nena to learn how to cook Harina, which I love. Got very overwhelmed with the energy level of her kids and how they act but dinner was delicious... I went back and the party continued in front of my house with music and lots of drinking and dancing. I hung out for a little bit, got more overwhelmed for many reasons, and finally got so cold that I left. 11pm, I went to bed with music still jamming. 

Monday was a bit rough and I'd rather not explain why. But some good came out of the day. I talked to the director about my idea to motivate the kiddos to get to school on time, and he loved it. So I got started on that. Also that night I FaceTimed with my family. 

Tuesday I got my ass out of bed after my internal debate and walked with Lucila :) And of course, was very happy that I did. I went to the school and kept working on my project. I left a little early to keep working in the house, had Yoselin (one of the teachers) come over to use my internet for class and we hung out during the break. In the afternoon, I went back and helped set up for a little gathering since today was "El Dia de los Estudiantes." We simply brought the kids into one room, listened to music and watched videos together. 
Afterwards, softball time. God I love that we play everyday. The game was a blast. We were losing 11 to 24 and we play to 25. Nena had given up but her eldest son goes, "No! You never know, let's just see!" The other team was up to bat with only one run needed to win. 1, 2, 3 outs in a row followed. Our turn to bat. BAM. 14 runs almost in a row! Hahahaha and we won! So freaking awesome. I was flying high on happiness and energy so I put music on with my speakers (no luz so the neighborhood was dark and quiet at this point) and danced with little Alejandro and Antony on my patio. So funny. Dinner (yucca!), mandarin oranges, coffee, bath, games on my tablet (may or may not have let my boys play a little haha), and blog updating. Time for bed! Anyone wanna come give me a back massage though? Could definitely use one ;)
Buenas noches!







No comments:

Post a Comment