Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stuck In Colder Weather

Things are slow moving. After the Escojo Enseñar Conference, I took my time getting back to school and didn't miss much. But the list of things I'll be doing this year only grew. 

1. English classes for 7th and 8th grade.
2. English classes in the community on Sundays-started last Sunday.
3. Literacy classes with Viviana-She's improving and I'm so proud.
4. Technology classes for 4th-8th grade- FUDECO sent 30 little keyboards that are kind of like computers. My director wants me to teach the kiddos how to type on them and how to use them.
5. Escuela de Padres y Madres-Helping the psychologist to plan. Though when I went to her house Sunday afternoon to begin, she simply had me cover her various notebooks with construction paper and draw pretty things on the covers... Gaining Confianza? 
6. Monthly Grupos Pedagógicos- this is me still fighting to find a way to teach my teachers from The Escojo Enseñar manual. I may have an in by starting to teach them how to look things up on the internet and print since that seems to be all I'm good for when I do go into the school as of late. 
7. La Biblioteca Tecnológica- we haven't heard from the president man yet so we need to call this week and get that going. I really miss Casilda and her drive... But this weekend is the raffle and comedy show to keep raising funds.
8. Literacy classes for 1st and 2nd grade. I'm putting that off for now but I'll start in October.
9. Yluminada- with her multi-grado, one classroom school, I'd like to do something better and more sustainable to help her. But I'm still struggling.

My heart isn't in all of these things but in some. But the wants of my community and school matter more, so off I go! Unfortunately I got my third staph infection just behind my left shoulder and it's been hell. The pain from this one was the worst and sleeping was impossible due to its location. I believe I've gotten the worst of it out, and just got my antibiotics, so we are on the road to healing. And I disinfected my house yesterday by washing every article of clothing, sheets, dishes, by dusting, and by cleaning the floors. And somehow it still doesn't feel like enough. But we're no worse off than we were before ;)

The water situation is worse, my director slammed the gates shut and hard so we are no longer able to go to the school for water. The closest river is either dried up or dirty because it seems as though people are doing their business in it. The next closest river is now a competition. Whoever gets there first, gets water. The next? Far and down a ridiculous hill... I had to stop and rest more than 10X to make it back to my house the last time I went there (having a bad arm, didn't help I'm sure) haha.

Much love and hugs are being sent home from the colder weather here in the mountains. I miss all of you back home lots. I hope you all know and believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment