Wednesday, October 1, 2014

When a Single Day Trumps Nearly All of Last Month

26 de septiembre 2014.
Start of English classes.
I was with three kiddos in the clinic. 2/3 from fighting. And I may or may not have flipped out about the lack of responsibility in the teachers in front of some parents and lit the match that may start a wildfire. I was lecturing this poor child who got a stick to the stomach about how he needed to approach an adult when he was first hit in the head with the stick. He apparently did. And she did nothing. The parents there agreed with me and one father went storming off to the school. It may fizzle out but I got some passion out of them. That's why it's still just a lit match.
Planning for the first official Escuela de Padres y Madres meeting next Friday with our psychologist, Doris.
Having Doris beg me to invite her to the next teacher conference we have (after having no one go with me to this last one) and saying that she wants to soak in and learn as much as possible with me here in this last year because the more she learns and seeks knowledge, the better teacher and person she'll be... It doesn't matter if it's an entire weekend or if it's in Santiago or at her neighbor's house. She said, "Invite me, and I'm there." Wow. 
Meeting with GRUJDECO to continue plans.
New plans made to motivate another community group that exists but is currently dormant to work on the water project and another to work on their electricity project (Vara de Vaca never has luz). In this way, we can animate them to find their drive again AND tackle more community projects on our list without taking on the full responsibility ourselves. Win-Win? I think so.
My promise to continue bugging the president man. Oh yea, I'm gonna be such a pain and I don't care. But if your old, saggy ass is going to hit on me because I'm white and give me your business card? You asked for it buddy. And for those reading this back home, excuse my vulgarity? 

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment