Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yes, I'll Have the #2 Combo Please: Presidente and American Music

21 de enero 2014. So at 7am, I hear, "Julie! Julie!"  It was Altagracia looking for me to go walking! I felt so bad but by the time I realized I was going to be out so late, I didn't want to call and bug her. But she came looking for me! I apologized and told her through my wooden walls that I had gotten back at 3am and wasn't going to walk today.
I was awoken for good at 8 but stayed in my bed until 9:45. I could hear Pipe yelling at the kids to quiet down and let me sleep haha. It didn't work but was nice to hear :). When I finally got out of bed, I played cards with Francheska, got water heated up for me to bathe (and given a plant to rub in the water which would help soothe my muscles from the walk apparently haha), and fed lunch at 12:30pm. Where I ate this:

The meat on the left is fowl. Literally freshly killed yesterday by Pipe. And was sooooo good.


And that's the fowl's foot. Also delicious :D

I rested, chatted with visitors and waited then for someone to come pick me up to go to one of the teacher's houses outside of my site for dinner. She was supposed to come at 2pm but didn't arrive until 4. The party was okay, food was great, and mostly just sat in silence or played with one of the other teacher's daughters. Right after we ate, most people left and Maria's (it was her house) son, Misael, went to take me home. He knows quite a bit of English and ended up having a ton of good music from back home. So naturally, we are pulling into my site, he asks if I have plans, I say no, and he turns around to go to Restauración so we can drive around and listen to more music. It was awesome. He may or may not have pulled up to a side stand and ordered a Presidente beer drive-thru style and drank while driving too. Cuz ya know, open container laws or drinking and driving exist, but aren't actually reinforced. He is a big guy though, so mom, dad, grandma's, and everyone else who might be concerned, don't worry. I don't think he felt a thing and I was cautious ;) lol
And at 7:30pm I was home, presented with more food I couldn't eat, and loving the fact that it was raining so I could just lock myself in my house and maybe even sleep early. Which I'm definitely going to do now.
Buenas noches.




No comments:

Post a Comment