Saturday, August 31, 2013

List

September 2, 2013. Well lots of things have happened as of late. I just feel like making a list, my apologies.

I broke down crying with my kiddos and in the office last Tuesday.
The director is now helping me teach (more like manage the munchkins-but often leaves me still or says she has meetings in Villa so I'm left alone anyways).
Her idea of planning was copying the Ministery of Education curriculum book (3 hours worth of writing for me).
Thursday went better with her there but I felt like a failure.
Friday my boss Ann came and she did my house check. With the promise I'll buy a few more locks for the windows and one that actually works for the front door, I got the go ahead to move on my own!
Cue intense excitement and then just as intense nerves that kept me up all night.
She and I then spent the day with Juana, a woman from the NGO American Chamber of Commerce discussing the many challenges I face here with my two schools and what their role is.
Found out much more about my other school that I haven't been able to do anything with yet.
My Doña fed us.
The three of us left for Villa to then talk with Lula and Greg because AMCHAM provides support for their school too.
We went to a celebration held by the Fundación Rica to honor the excelling students of the schools in the area. Munchkins from my schools were there! It was long and a bit confusing at times but beautiful. And I was so excited that there was finally some positive recognition in a culture where negativity is almost the sole motivator. Us PC people were recognized too haha.
Juana pulled (more like dragged) me over to talk with Elva, the director of the other school, and we have a promise to meet and discuss my plans on Tuesday in the afternoon-yay!
Went back to Lula and Greg's place to pull a document off of a USB that a man left me about the court estimate (never met the man before in my life and he left me his business USB like it was nothing).
Returned home.
Started the Courts4Kids application at 8pm.
Finished with a few complications at 11:30pm that was probably the most difficult and scary "Send" I had to press. 
Fell asleep around 4am.
Woken by rooster on the roof at 6:30am.
Started getting ready to go to Villa with Linda to buy some house stuff (!!!!) 
Bought: a bed, stove, and gas tank. But!
Found out that I can only spend a certain amount each day cuz of stupid Banco Popular.
Made plans to go back to Villa in the morning to buy moreeee.
Apparently Dios didn't quiere so I laid in bed all morning and then went to search for Linda in the afternoon. 
All stores close at noon on Sundays in Villa. Obviously we didn't go. 
Made plans for Monday afternoon!
School in the morning. If we ever have all of the first graders we will now have 19. In a tiny tiny classroom. It was going okay until Nati left me alone for an hour and a half after recess. Again, I had no control. Two new kids that came today said straight to my face that they don't respect me so they don't have to listen to me...
Nati has a meeting Tuesday so I'm on my own all day.
Left school around 4 and headed to Villa for another shopping spree!
Bought: locks for my windows and doors, nails, coffee maker (nothing like the ones at home lol), coffee mugs, plastic chairs, pots, broom and mop, dish drying rack, scrubbies, pillow, garbage can, tall mirror...possibly more but I'm blanking.
And I was told I can borrow the fridge I have in my room for the next two years. And Dulce is giving me two tables to use in my kitchen (!!). 

Now it's time to plan for tomorrow... And mentally prepare myself for the afternoon too. 

Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment