Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Break Between Nothing

July 15 & 17 2013. Monday and Wednesday were classes. Not a ton came. Some came late. I feel like as much as I've tried not to have to make plans up on the spot, I have to anyways. When you plan for 5/6 and 1/2 show up... And you want to save your best plans for when they're all there? What else can you do? It's just rough when that one awesome kid shows up every time and you do things with them and the next class he/she is there again but the other students are too. So you have old plans for them... But what for that one student? It's certainly not fair. But I also can't blame the kiddos for not coming. #1. It's summer. #2. Lots of their parents work so they have no one to tell them to go. Yea...
It'll be better during the school year. This is like a trial run, right? Right. 
I then visited Linda and we just hung out. Her kiddos weren't in class both days this week because she forgot.. 

July 16, 2013. Tuesday I went to Villa to visit Lula and Greg! I successfully made it to their place with no issues (yup-still feels amazing). They have a gorgeous apartment on the third floor of a building (after many many issues were resolved). Oh and I've claimed their second bedroom as my own ;). We just hung out, talked (a lot), drank coffee, I met their director, we got lunch, I took out money for rent, payed for my Internet, and we went to a "bakery" and bought awesome bread. I bought one to bring home to share too :). All and all just a great day spent with a wonderful couple. They certainly have their work cut out for them in the next two years...  But It was a appreciated break between... well. Between nothing. 
I made it back by 7 and was spotted by Lili who was in a Comlado. We walked back together (through the freshly cut Play! I cannot wait to run.,,) and I spent the rest of the night planning for Wednesdays classes (despite knowing how it was going to turn out lol). 


No comments:

Post a Comment