Monday, July 22, 2013

How To Cure...

July 20, 2013. After losing luz super early Friday, Saturday I awoke and immediately started my laundry. I had to wear my bathing suit top since I had noting else at the time... Haha In the afternoon I had English class where... no one showed up. I promised Linda I would visit (because her brother was visiting and she wanted to meet him) but she wasn't there so I did interviews with my host mom and dad. Then I ventured out to interview Juana Iris! Finally haha. I also got more info on the adult-literacy program she teaches and am going to observe a class on Tuesday :) I then tried, yet again, to see the pastor but he wasn't there. But I saw Linda who was on the way back from the river with her family. I told her I'd stop by later. Which I did but her brother had already left... Oops. We hung out, played cards and started watching a movie but I headed out around 7. Dulce called me on my walk back and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Angie's house for un ratico. Ha! This time I knew what that meant! Fancy clothes, drinking, loud music, and dancing, and for way more than un ratico. So! I changed for the occasion and we headed out together. It was early so I sat in the salon with Angie for an hour and a half before Dulce came and retrieved me haha. What a process hair is. The rest of th night? lots of chocolate milk mixed with an energy drink aaaand... Dancing. Oops? I just couldn't watch anymore hahaha. So I danced. And had a blast :D 

June 21, 2013. So how do you take your mind off the day-after-drinking-too-much-chocolate-milk sickness (it's a real illness, you know...)? You get up early to go to a "loma" with the kiddos to find mango and avocado. You find none. But soak in this:


And this:


And enjoy them:


Still felt pretty awful the whole time but wow. It was incredibly beautiful we walked up and down 100 hills just to find mango and avocado (did I mention there were none? Mango season is almost over :( and avocado season is on its way) I learned how out of shape I am. I cut the top of my head on barbed wire (cuz that's what fences are made out of here but that doesn't mean you can't crawl through them-except I'm bigger than all of them...haha). I drank river water. I sweat a lot. It poured on us for a bit. And we starved because we arrived back late. I loved every minute of it.
When I arrived home, I ate, and laid in bed for a while. And the rest of the night I hung out with my family here. Perfection :)






No comments:

Post a Comment