Saturday, September 21, 2013

Clean, Plan, Organize, and Remain Calm

September 21, 2013.  I woke around 7:30am and made an egg, salami, and avocado sandwich. Oh yea. That's how you start a day. I went to work pretty quickly cleaning my house. Aaaand changed the  floor bucket like 20 times-thank goodness we had water! But it was gross. And the floor really didn't look better... But seeing the water and how brown it was means I did something, right? 
A few girls stooped by and one tried to take the mop from me to "help" twice. That poor girl almost got her hands bitten off ;). It just felt so damn good to clean, I couldn't let her do it. hahaha I told her she was so sweet for wanting to help but I really really wanted to do it myself :P I then had some extra time so we organized my "Sala de Arte" haha I think that's a better name.
At 10:30, I showered and headed out to the capital. In the guagua I got in, the chofer got snippy with me cuz I thought it was $50RD but it was $60RD. He was nasty and yelled at me for giving him 50 and demanded the rest. I just laughed at him, told him it was no problem, and handed him ten more pesos. The two guys in the back laughed with me and we chatted the entire way into the capital. Still love being able to say I did that. And I hope that feeling of accomplishment never goes away... Lol
At the office, Cory and Laila and I planned for our Classroom Management talk for our Escojo Enseñar Conference in October. It should be a good two hour session :).  But I am nervous I won't get anyone from my school to come... We'll see. 
Afterwards, I headed to Ikea with Cory to get a spatula and containers for my food so I can take it all out of my fridge lol. I found adorable colorful ones, a reusable bag with a zipper, other utensils, and super cheap art to put on my living room/kitchen walls. #Ikeatherapy.
By the time I got home it was dark so I shut my door (the guilt is getting to me though so tomorrow I'm gonna have to leave it open all day :P). I made ITALIAN-STYLE pasta and it made me so happy. It wasn't the same but it reminded me a bit of home :). 
Then....I was totally going to plan for my English class tomorrow at 2pm (expecting lots of eighth graders to show up and others...) but motivation and drive was lacking big time...

So instead I did this:




...Cuz apparently I had motivation to organize some more instead? Before, all that beautiful art that was made for me was hung on the walls with tape. And the next morning, it was all on the floor. Guess wood and tape aren't best friends. So string and clothes pins it was! But now I'm out of clothes pins for when more art is made... Looks like a new capital list has already started and I just got back from there! Haha
Now it's 10:30pm and I've done no planning for class tomorrow... And I was planning on doing laundry in the morning (gonna try and work up the courage and be Dominican so I can ask Linda to borrow her washing machine. I'm just not ready to hand wash hahaha). It's all good. It'll work out like it usually does.
Buenas noches.


No comments:

Post a Comment