Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Los Tres Ojos

March 30, 2013. This morning I left my house at 10am. We waited forever for the bus but finally got going around 11. On that first bus, I totally didn't get the right change back (and yet again on the bus back...). Damn it. At Ave Duarte, I took everyone the wrong way... Oops. We doubled back and took a van that got lost. When your driver has to pull over to ask for directions on the inside of a highway, you know that's bad. haha We rode the water for a while, which was gorgeous, he picked up a friend who apparently knew the way, we had to get gas, and he dropped us off on the opposite side of the highway from the caves (Los Tres Ojos). Bam! We had to cross a highway to get there but we made it! The caves were gorgeous! I'll try and put up as many pictures as possible so hopefully the internet in Monday will be strong for me! Andrew and I climbed up a few areas that we probably shouldn't have (but there were no signs that said not to!). The water underground was so incredibly blue and so still. I can't tell you how perfect it was to just breathe fresh air, do a little climbing and be active, and to sit still with the waters and just soak in the peace. For 25 more pesos (the initial ticket cost 100), we got to ride a little boat across to another area with a beautiful lake. Apparently, they filmed part of Jurassic Park 3 there?! If someone reading this with awesome internet in the US can go online and check that, I'd love you forever! That would so sooo cool. We also got to take our shoes off and dunk our feet a bit in the water which felt wonderful.
After we finished there, we headed back to the Duarte area to get lunch. We ended up at a pretty awesome place and I had half of a burger and slice of pizza (so American and loved it). A guy there, who was probably a manager, helped us out a lot because he could speak beautiful English. After I finished my lunch, I wanted a natural fruit juice (wasn't as good as my host mom's juices though) so I prepared myself in Spanish, repeated what I needed to say 100X in my head, got up to the counter aaannnddd got the guy who speaks English. haha Totally slumped and said, "Oh damn, you speak English. haha I was so ready to speak my Spanish." He laughed and said if I wanted, he would pretend to understand nothing in English lol.
We headed to the bus area and hopped on to head home. I had to sit next to Andrew which kinda sucked. Totally not a fan. He's pretty douchey and thinks he knows soooo much Spanish. In reality, his level is like a -5. Thankfully we're separated for CBT though so I won't have to deal with him. Phew!
I wasn't ready to go home yet and apparently no one else was either. So, we went to Amanda's place and played Spades for a while. It started getting late though so a few of us headed home. When I got back, Paola was rollerblading, Delmar asked to play cards immediately, and my host mom made me dinner (so wasn't hungry yet lol). I showed them all pictures of the caves and then Paola invited me to play Nintendo again. Win! Now I'm in my room, eating more chaca (cold this time?), typing this, and falling asleep. Buenas noches.
PS: Mom, that last picture is for you ;)























1 comment:

  1. Not that's something I never thought to do with them!! haha

    ReplyDelete