Sunday, April 28, 2013

STOP SCREECHING ALREADY

April 22, 2013. Training today was about behavior change which was actually quite fascinating. Then a gentleman from the Ministry of Education came to talk about PTAs here in the DR. Not going to lie, I tuned out most of that. And of course, Raini asked me what percentage of his talk I think I understood. And then she goes, "50%?! That's good for you!" Uh...thanks Raini? Lol
Lunch followed and then, Spanish class. Which actually turned into practice for our presentation. Después, Susan and I made a few copies for our pull-outs tomorrow and headed to another group's presentation. And it was wonderful!! I decided there that I needed to completely memorize my part so that's what I've been working on all night (hence why this blog is gonna be super short). I think I have it down though!
But anyways, after that we headed to the Multi Uso and played a game of kickball! It was awesome cuz the Dominicans had never heard of it. Super fun :). I then ran some more with a few friends and worked on abdominales (Woo! Easy new word!).
I got home late but of course, my Doña didn't mind. Her son asked about my day, where we played kickball, and if there are novellas in the states. Haha I then told him I like them because they help me with my Spanish which they thought was funny. But it's true! Mi mamá also pointed out a raña and said "Look!" And I said, "¡Oh mira! ¡Mi amigo!" She told her son that I was afraid of them and he laughed at me. But I defended myself and said that I totally wasn't afraid! I just don't like it when they're in the water I need to shower with... Lol
On that note, I showered, ate dinner, had to call 4 different numbers to try and get Nate to call me back, talked to him, and then crawled in my bed to practice my speech until I fell asleep! But there's an awful screeching animal of some sort outside that won't stop (Nate! What the hell is it??) so I decided to write this to wait him out. Except now I'm out of things to say and he's still going strong... Ay Dios mio. Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment