Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Embracing Change

March 26, 2013. I had multiple dreams last night... And though I remember none, I distinctly remember waking up in tears at one point. And it wasn't even Malaria Miercoles. Oh well. I was just extra tired all day. I even nearly fell asleep in between snoozes which I haven't done since I've been here. Maybe that's a sign that I'm feeling more comfortable? Eh, or maybe I simply went to bed too late. haha
Aaaanyways. Training started off with Spanish, which I liked. I really hate going all day without it but that's how it's going to be in CBT (which starts next week?! Wtf??). We then had a class on food preparation & diet maintenance. This was awesome because they split us into groups and we basically had a PC version of Iron Chef! We all had one main ingredient (we had pasta) at our tables and then there was a table with lots of other stuff (vegetables, spices, oils, sauces, etc). We had 25 minutes to make our main ingredient into a healthy, balanced meal using the stuff from the ingredient tables. We then named our dish, everyone tried each others' dishes at lunch, and we voted! The winner got free kitchen utensils from IKEA (!!!!). We didn't win... lol but seriously, everyone's dishes were awesome. I can't wait to cook on my own. Though I know my budget will make things a bit challenging, it will be fun to experiment, I think!
After lunch we had a sexual awareness class (1 of 3 more). It was planned well though because afterwards, we spoke of resiliency and then we had a relaxation class..
We actually ended early today so a few of us hung around to study. Tomorrow is our first Spanish assessment and our overall PC assessment. Ugh, nervous. At 5pm, we had to leave the center so we went to Sarah's place to continue. She has a gorgeous balcony on the third floor over-looking the street. It was so peaceful up there; I was quite jealous. We finished up around 6:45pm and I still don't feel ready... Oh well.
At home, my host mother, Jenny, Sona, and Francis were playing Dominoes. I sat with Delmar (the 4yr old) and Densel (the 1yr old) and played cards. I have NO idea what games we played and he made NO sense when trying to show me how to play. haha It was so cute! I just kept laughing and watching him play but whenever I tried to copy his moves, I was apparently wrong. haha so great. The adults just would look over, I would make a very confused face, and they laughed. My host mom made me batatas y huevos (sweet potatoes and eggs). It was delicious and I had the company of Delmar! He just talked and talked and shoved food in his mouth and talked. My host mom made a comment that he is crazy but good to learn from because he talks a lot. True, if I could understand it all with food in his mouth lol I didn't catch this until the end, but we were apparently racing to see who could finish our dinner first. I figured it out when I won... haha Oops. Afterwards, he wanted to see what I had to study so I showed him my notebook and we talked about articles of clothing and parts of the body. Of course, soon after, he wanted to play more cards. I told him I was sorry, but I had to study more. We said goodnight, I studied for a while and now I'll head to shower and bed. Tomorrow's going to be interesting... Also sad because it's the last day I'll have with this Spanish class and with Marcia, my teacher. It'll change in CBT... :( Boo.
Ah well. Guess I need to start embracing change. Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment