Monday, June 10, 2013

Día de Fiesta y Greg & Lula!

May 30, 2013. Día de Fiesta! And it certainly was! I rose around 8:30, had yuca and eggs for breakfast (!!) and played cards with some kiddos until 11. At that time, backpack in hand, I headed to the thruway, waited for a half hour and flagged down a car. I told him where I needed to go and paid. All by myself! Lol And at the corner waiting for me stood Lula and Greg :D It was so good to see their faces!
They took me to their house, gave me a tour, and we went into their room which accidentally had air conditioning haha. Oh god that was wonderful. We ate lunch, chatted, and I stole some wifi. I had 54 emails waiting for me lol Then I got to FaceTime with my family! And for quite a while :D Have I mentioned that I can't wait to have Internet nearly everyday? 
We went outside (I saw the biggest rat of my entire life run across the yard) and chatted for a while but eventually made our way out. I needed to take money out for my rent for June. Luckily my monthly allowance already went in for June so there enough for me to do so. Now I don't have to worry about it later which I'm happy about. We also stopped at the supermarket and I picked up suckers for the kids I taught and three bigger push-up pop thingys for the winners. When we got back there was talk of going out. I wasn't sure if I should go back late but they offered to drive me. But also...I have this fear of talking on the phone in Spanish because I can't see their faces to read expressions or lips. So after building myself up for 10 minutes I finally called her. And could understand her! I'm sure my Spanish sucked cuz I stumbled big time but I asked and she said I could come back whenever I wanted :D. 
Then Nate was home from work!! And I got to see his face too for the first time in what felt like months! There was no luz so I tucked myself in by the one window in the room but it kept getting darker and darker haha. But oh man he was clear and handsome as ever. Miss you baby. And love you like crazy.
We ate breakfast for dinner (oatmeal type thing) and headed out with two of their Dominican friends. We left Villa, went past my campo and to the next one to a pretty nice bar. It wasn't too packed, the music was amazing, and the lights were pretty lol. We drank chocolate milk, screamed to chat, and danced a little. The guy we were with noticed how much I loved this one song and about twenty minutes later the DJ said my name and played the song again hahaha. So funny.  It was a perfect, relaxing way to end a nearly perfect day.
They drove me home, my Toms got destroyed with mud since I couldn't see where I was walking and it had downpoured shortly before, and I made it home safety. I entered quietly but my Doña woke and asked me how everything went from her room. Then I just headed to bed with no energy to do anything since it was 11:30 (probably the latest I've ever been up here lol). So from today(the 31), I'll say "Buenas noches" for last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment