Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Don't Have Too Many

June 17 & 18, 2013. So this is now the third time I've had to type up this blog. Maybe that's a sign so I'm going to change quite a bit of what I had. In all honesty, it doesn't belong here in a public forum. 
I visited Elva yesterday and spent the night. That's all I'm going to say. Oh, except-having air conditioning in the room I slept in was pretty cool...(haha good one). She wants me to come back and stay at the end of the month for four days. I don't think I can do that so I'm going to have to tell her I can only stay two days or something...
We came back today and there were national exams going on at her school. I met her boss and then a fancy guy that I think works higher up for the Ministry of Education. Not going to lie, though, my attention span was shot today. I missed a lot of what was said. After waiting in the kitchen for over an hour, I finally worked up the courage to say I wanted to leave. And I did. I returned to an empty house and literally jumped on my bed with excitement. A much needed shower followed and then... The river again!
A bunch more kids went-including Samuelito! He doesn't leave his house much... His mother said no but I went over and told her I would watch over him and help him swim when he needed it. She said okay and he was ecstatic :D He is actually an incredible swimmer and I didn't have to do anything lol. I was a little uncomfortable this time because of how many people showed up that I didn't know. I hung with the little little kids mostly and when I got cold (after 3 hours in the water), I sat up on the rocks in the sun. Wasn't as awesome as last time but still a much needed release (yikes, yet again!).
I got back and rinsed the sand out of my clothes and played cards for the rest of the night. Moreno fixed the luz! There was a wire chewed up (he thinks by a rat). Y ya. Not much else. I definitely need to venture out tomorrow though since I feel like I've been gone forever (it always feels like that when I leave for just a night...weird). Maybe I'll visit Linda when she gets out of work and she can show me around her neighborhood.. 
A wild mix of ups and downs in these two days. All I know at this point is that I'm happy to be in my bed under my mosquitero (maybe that's why I couldn't sleep last night! I didn't have one). I think I've learned here that sometimes it's best not to have too many expectations. But always hope for the best. I may have already said this but I guess I need reminders sometimes since I'm living an entirely new life from the one I knew for 24 years.  Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment