Monday, June 10, 2013

Gonna Live On A Farm

June 1, 2013. Today I arose before Dulce which felt strange. I studied for a bit and then she invited me up to her mom's house so I said I'd go with her. We hung out there, drank coffee, tea, they fed me, and I watched the boys play a marble game. Nate called which was wonderful because I missed his call last night. 
Back at the house I helped wash vegetables, cleaned my Toms, played cards, and hung out in Lili's actual house which I didn't realize was right next door. Her mom is in Spain right now which is why she's living with her grandmother. After a bit, Lili left but her friend came over within ten minutes of her leaving. We were supposed to have English class (I forgot too) lol. We sat and waited for a bit and eventually I decided I wanted to walk so we went looking for her. Turns out she was por arriba at the end of one road I hadn't discovered yet. And it was a huge, gorgeous farm. Mimingo showed us around with all the pigs, beautiful huge dogs, peacocks, and tons of land with fruit trees galore. There's also a super fancy, modern area with tables and chairs, a kitchen, and bar. No one in the group knew what it was used for but man I'd love to take advantage of it! Gonna try and rent out the massive farmhouse when I can live alone in 2 1/2 months ;). But none of them knew the owner of the farm either lol. We walked a bit, gathered a bunch of this awesome fruit that I don't know how to spell and there isn't any of it in the states, and headed back. 
I taught family members, pronouns, numbers, and random words they wanted to know. Hearing them speak English is so freaking adorable. I hope they think the same about my Spanish...
Afterwards I wanted to go down and see Juana Iris or Manuela or the pastor since I haven't been por abajo in a while... But I got trapped in playing games with the kids and watching the rain. Oops :/ Tomorrow, I have to go. I'm trying to remember that school ends soon too so I'll have more time during the week to make more visits. It's just hard now when my week is full and then I just wanna chill on the weekend. Anyways that was my night. Playing Dominoes or cards, retelling words in English and just hanging out. Not too shabby though I wish I could talk more as always. And now it's late but I don't want to go to sleep lol Damn. Maybe I'll try to turn my brain off and watch Bridesmaids :). Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment