Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Can Only Learn So Much If...

June 12, 2013. Today was a lazy-do-almost-nothing-and-love-it kind of day. I finally arose around 9 and spent the morning on the porch with Moreno. He even cut up mango, pineapple, and banana for me for breakfast :). My stomach allowed me to finish the bowl but provided a constant reminder all day that it still wasn't too happy with me.
I'll be honest and admit that I totally crept in and out of my room throughout the day to test out the wireless, as if I didn't believe I actually had it yet lol. But! With much exploration I finally found the spot for my FlyBox. After like twenty failed FaceTime and Skype attempts with my mom, I climbed on my totally unstable table in my room and placed the box on top of the cement wall that doesn't go all the way to the ceiling. And BAM! Perfect, flawless video chat with momma and Jake! They met Samuelito and Moreno! Moreno bragged later to Dulce (who was in Villa at the time) about how much Spanish my munchkin knew :D. But if course, se fue la luz y se fue mi mamá (Samuelito thought that was so funny lol). 
The rest of the day was as follows: play cards, talk a lot with Moreno (and learn a bit more about his history), check Internet (luz came back), do puzzles with the kids, lay in bed when the tummy got bad, eat food cooked by Moreno (and he made sure everyone knew it!), play games on my iPad, explore Lili's house next door and wrestle with the munchkins for almost an hour, let the girls do my hair (3X), read, and chat with Andy. 
I was so pumped to Skype with my baby tonight but as I was showering... se fue la luz again. Guess that's what I get for having luz nearly all day today lol. Moreno and Dulce laughed at me as they heard me laugh trying to shower in the complete darkness (I dropped a few things). Then all the mosquitos came down and Dulce was getting them in her nose and mouth and we were all dying in separate rooms at each other. Maybe this whole click thing is real and something actually did switch yesterday. But I'm trying not to jinx it.., haha I still make crazy mistakes that I realize after I've opened my mouth and spoken but that's a good thing, right? I can only learn so much if I stay silent...
Buenas noches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment