Monday, June 10, 2013

Freedom!!! Shit.

June 7, 2013. Woo! The last day of school!! Which totally excites me and freaks me out all at the same time lol. Now I'm free to do whatever, whenever I want. But that also means I have no schedule... And no one to take me around the community. So I'm on my own with whatever level of bravery I happen to have in a daily basis haha. In other words: Wooo freedom!!! Shit.
The kids arrived at school and were pretty much immediately sent off for summer :). Lucky them! The director and I then spent the next three hours completely cleaning the school and rearranging the classrooms. We cleaned out the bookshelves, organized the books and materials, moved those heavy things around, moved desks, swept floors, took everything off the walls and ya. Like new but a little bit uglier without color on the dirty, paint-chipped walls. 
I was exhausted afterwards but went home and worked on my English journal... I had another woman come find me today and ask if she could join my English class that I do with the kids on Saturdays. I tried to tell her that I was going to have a more formal class for adults when my Spanish is better and that what I do now isn't much and super informal... But she said she'll just come to the classes now until I start the official ones. Lady: 1. Julie: 0. We'll see how we do on space in Dulce's tiny porch since word is spreading quickly lol. I may have to start the formal class earlier than I want. Have I mentioned yet that I seriously have no idea how to actually teach English? Oh Por Dios.
Anyways, at 2 I headed back and helped monitor the kids for their last exam-frances. Lots of help was given out lol but yea. I hung around for a bit while they graded, exchanged numbers with Nati so I can go visit her in Villa sometime next week (:D), and headed out. At home I worked on more sheets for the summer camp (see below) since I realized that the 4th and 5th (and possibly 3rd) graders write in cursive and need help with their penmanship. And I have no materials from the PC in cursive... And currently no ideas for fun ways to practice writing. Handwriting lessons suck. But vamos a ver. Monday I'll have Internet which will think better than my brain all by itself.
Oh! And the director of the other school came by! What?? All of a sudden I walked out of my room and she's sitting in the living room with her two sons. She came by to see "How I was doing" (she cares??). She thought I was going to be at the school today but I told her Manuela said there were no classes in the afternoon. She nodded so I think she actually understood lol. She asked when I was going to come to visit her in Villa so I asked if she wanted my number to call sometime in the summer (great). She made me give my number to her son (sneaky woman since she apparently wants something to happen between him and I. Yuck) for her to use. And then she left! Ugh, she's not a terrible person and the visit was fine but just the way she talks to me and the feelings I get around her... I just don't like it. Something about her rubs me the wrong way lol. And she kept calling me her "son." Literally. Cuz that's what she though hija was in English. Ay Santo.
I read on the porch for a bit afterwards, chatted with Fredito and was pretty successful again which felt great.  Again, didn't want to go to sleep but Dulce and Moreno were headed to bed and I didn't want to keep them up. They're great but oh how I cannot wait to live on my own. Granted, having my meals made and made deliciously for me three times a day is pretty damn awesome but to have my freedom completely back? Oh man, I might not know what to do with it when I get it. It's been so long lol. But enough drama! I got to talk to my baby for a while and now I can go to bed with a smile :). Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment