Sunday, June 23, 2013

Prideful But Wanting Home

June 23, 2013. Today is going to be a bunch of random things on my mind:
I have to say, finding little rat poops on my bedside table in the morning sucks. You are WAY too close to my face Mr. Rat! Ugh. So I did laundry and "cleaned" my room today (if you can call it cleaning...).
Another thing that sucks, and I'm surprising myself with admitting this, is that I still have damn pimples on my face at the age of 24. AND I don't even wear makeup! I get all the time here, "oh! And the mosquitoes get your face too? Don't you have a mosquito net?" I have purposely not looked up the word for pimple and just chosen to let them believe they're mosquito bites. But it's still lame. I'd like to have a gorgeous, clear face like my momma sometime. Yes, this first world problem still exists for me here in a third world country... Does that make me a bad person? 
They're building a church just at the end of the street right by Dulce's house! They cleared out the field super fast and I have no idea when they're going to start building it but that's exciting :D It could also end up being a good place to hold community meetings or events too; if it's bigger than one of the school classrooms... Oh I wish they could build a big room off of the main part for a community center that could act as a place for the kids to hang out too... 
Ah yes, I think I've discovered that I am having a reaction to the food here. Let me explain. I thought it was weird that I haven't gotten sick of eating rice, beans, and meat every single day for lunch and then víveres every day for dinner. Then today a strong craving for something more hit me after stuffing my face full of arroz y habichuelas. I've had the craving before but not that strong. And I wasn't hungry, so why did I want something more? Because I wanted something more but different. So when I snuck my spoon into my room and ate a tablespoon of peanut butter on a full stomach, I understood this time :)
I didn't see Linda today but we did go to the river which, of course, was amazing. It was so hot and then it downpoured on us but I didn't mind. I jumped from waaay (I thought it was pretty damn high) up in a tree this time :D Also on the way back I saw China (church lady) and she invited me to a pool Saturday. Where? No idea. Can I wear a bathing suit this time instead of shorts and a t-shirt? No clue. But win anyways :)
I then got to FaceTime with the fam tonight and instantly started crying when my sister showed up in the video with her cap on. Oh man, crazy. Couldn't be any more proud. I love you babygirl.
And with a heavy heart (full of pride but also desire to be home), Buenas noches. Tomorrow is Entrega De Las Notas which has to do with the kids getting their grades at the school but I don't get what that means yet lol.  ¡Vamos a ver!

No comments:

Post a Comment