Thursday, May 2, 2013

It Will Come With Time

April 25, 2013. Today we had pull-outs and we simply did reading comprehension with the book, "The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs" told in the perspective of the wolf. Love it :) and the kids loved it too! Tuesday is our last day with them and we are just going to have a party but our group is going to act out the story for the other group first. They're excited to do that :D
Afterwards, we changed and continued painting. See below! We actually got quite a bit done! Tomorrow we should finish up and possibly do a little extra on another wall? Not sure yet but we will see.
Lunch was a casserole type dish with pasta, meat, and cheese and it was good! Not going to lie, after yesterday (by the way, I found out yesterday's dinner was tripe-stomach) I was a bit nervous to eat today. But everything turned out great haha. My Doña's not feeling well though so she's in low spirits :(. I don't like it at all. She has some sort of pain in the side of her face and it kept her up all night and she didn't go to church today because of it (and I was supposed to go with her).
Spanish was next and I felt a bit frustrated today. David managed to throw in a lesson about how how he just wants to help us in any way possible but that we just need to have patience with ourselves. That it all will come with time. Haha he had no idea I was having one of those days but damn, that was perfect. He also gave us chinas (like oranges but a little different) and I asked him "¿Cómo come como un Dominicano?" Which I thought was hysterical haha: Just the sentence itself. I had no idea if it was right but apparently it was. "How do you eat like a Dominican?" He showed me and now I won't look so American in the streets while eating an orange! Yea... Almost.
For the next two hours I just tried to work out all of my frustrations. I ran a ton and did a bunch of things for abs and brazos that the Dominicans told us to do haha. We walked back listening to music and the full moon lit up the entire sky and was a vibrant yellow. An incredible sight. Again, I was left mostly in silence while Amber and Misael talked. I understood everything but never felt like I could say what I wanted. Unless I thought about it for five minutes first... Which of course by then, the next topic was brought up. Ah well. It will come with time.
At home, my host mom had fried cheese and mashed potatoes waiting for me (yesssss). She said she is feeling un chin better but I could tell it wasn't much. The poor thing. I showered, thanked her for everything before bed and she replied by saying she's just doing what she loves to do: serving with all her heart... An amazing woman.
I also got to end the night talking to my family. They knew just the day to call even though it wasn't Sunday :). Happy 26th Anniversary Mom and Dad. I'm glad us kids didn't break your streak. Let's make it at least 60 more? Kthanx. ;) Love you all. Buenas noches.













No comments:

Post a Comment