Sunday, May 12, 2013

With All My Heart and Liver

May 11, 2013. Today I spent most of the morning studying, reading, playing cards with Lizbeth, and working on my ELF (which is so not completed...). I don't think breakfast is going to exist here so my plan is to buy peanut butter in the capital this week. Though at 10am, my Doña came back with this weird hard bread that's super common here and she made me coffee.
Lunch (see below). Yup, if you can tell, there's totally a heart there and, I think, a liver. I ate the rice, habichuelas, and the chicken around that stuff... Then at 2, I went to the Play for the tournament. So many people were there! It didn't start until 3:30 (gonna have to get used to that) and it went until 5:30 almost 6. It was fun to watch and I really hope I can join somehow someday. I'd love to play :).
Afterwards, Mayelin and I went to my house and we played cards with Lizbeth. Then we went up the mountain a little to an area I hadn't been yet. I met a new family, got to hold a baby, taught the girls a bit about volleyball, and took pictures of the view. Incredible. I still can't quite believe I get to call this place home.
Back at my house, my Doña made me yuca, platanos, and salami and again, I ate it all. I really need to start running. Mayelin, Lizbeth, And Kendris made more things to decorate my room :). I then showered (we haven't had running water now for like 3 days and the bathroom is starting to smell like a latrine which is spreading to my room. Interesting...), packed my bag and now it's time for bed. Mañana? Back to the capital! Buenas noches.











No comments:

Post a Comment