Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wish I Could Pick an Emotion!

May 12, 2013. Have I mentioned how much I love Nati yet? Ugh, she is phenomenal. She arrived at my house at 9am sharp which shocked me because that's exactly the time she said she'd be there lol. I had hot chocolate and bread and we were off. About 10km down the Autopista Duarte, she lives with her three kids. It's a really far trip to have to take every morning and night... I met lots of her family, headed to the supermarket, walked around a park, and saw lots of Villa Altagracia. It's super similar to Monte Plata and probably has everything I would ever need so I won't need to go all the way to the capital! I'm pumped about that. I'm also definitely going to buy jeans from there since it's 10X cheaper at those privately owned shops that are everywhere than La Sirena. We returned to her home, I played Jax with her kids, talked with her son who is 7 (Jake, he made me miss you terribly), ate lunch together as a family (!!), watched TV, and just chatted. Nati is a wonderful mother; full of life and humor, I just love it.
At 3, I had to head out, sadly. She brought me to a carro público and it took me passed my stop because he couldn't leave me on the opposite side of the Duarte. Luckily, a man in the car with me took me to the overpass, asked around for a car to Pantoja and led me in the fit direction. Super awesome. But then he gave me his number to call when I arrived safe. Haha good one. Not falling for that! ;). I made it back squished with 3 other people and my huge hiking pack, and my host mother greeted me with chinola juice, my favorite!
Now I'm going to head out to Susan's to finish our ELF together and post these blogs. Hopefully my family will call tonight! I kinda just want to go back to my community though. I think that's a good thing :). But! Graduation first! And then I'll go back and stress more while also being happy. Haha wish I could pick an emotion and stick with it for more than 5 minutes :P Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment