Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nothing To Do But Everything To Love

April 29, 2013. What a day! I'm totally not going to write much and just post what I can in pictures. I only took some in the beginning of the day when we got to the river but I'm sure others will post more on Facebook since they had waterproof cameras and weren't afraid to bring theirs like I was lol. But yea! We spent the entire day at a river and it couldn't have been more perfect. We had a super quick class, swam, ate lunch, played cards, laid out in the sun as the Dominicans made fun of us (since to them it's weird to want to lay in the sun lol), and had a few "team building" things. Tug-of-War (my team lost), a weird race where we were all wrapped up together some facing forward and some backwards (lost again) and then a river cross. He was supposed to time us on that one but we just ended up doing it for fun since not everyone wanted to. It was awesome though. I fell right away on my first attempt cuz my hands slipped and was pissed. But then I made it across and back the second time :D. Much better haha. It was easy in the middle where it dipped so your body was in the water but the sides were higher. Plus Amber was cheering me on and saying there was a data plan waiting for me on the other side lol! It was just a day full of nothing to do but everything to love.
At 5:30 we headed home, sadly, but my body appreciated it since I'm now beat red on my tummy and legs lol. Amber, Lisanne, James and I then went to the Multi Uso to run and do a few things which felt wonderful since I defeated the voice in my head that was screaming "But I'm soooo tired! Just stay home and go to bed!" :). Amber and I chatted for a bit (really wish she wasn't leaving :( ) and though I didn't specifically ask, she said that she and the Placement Director are excited about my site. That was enough for me. I can wait until next Monday :).
Dinner was waiting for me at the table, Dexter was on the TV, and we had running water in our shower. Goodness was a fantastic day. Love you all. Now I can surrender to that voice. Buenas noches.















1 comment: