Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mass and Ketchup

May 10, 2013. Today I had a rock hard cookie and chocolate milk for breakfast at the school. I observed more classes and am a bit concerned that I don't see any motivation for change from the teachers... But maybe it's too early to say that? I headed home for lunch, and slept for an hour, I was so tired. At 2, I went back to school. They discussed when they will have their exams. Observed again. Ugh. Ileft to go to mass with Juana Iris but it ended up being at 5, not 4. S we hung with a family as I stayed silent and lost. Then I went to mass with Mayelin's family. Juana Iris didn't want to go after all. It was held outside across the highway at the school. And was a baptism today! I want a Bible in Spanish. I think I'll ask the pastor where I can buy one next time I see him. Then, the rains came. Just as mass ended. We ran into the classrooms for shelter and it rained hard. And the thunder that echoed in between the mountains? Heaven. We waited, then escaped to a colmado where my host mom's daughter worked. I met her, her husband and their son, and my host mother's mother. I also learned that Doña Dulce has three kids and her husband has two but they have none together. Eventually we made our way back home. I called my grandma to tell her I finally went to mass but she didn't answer (surprise!). :P My host mom made me coffee and let me watch TV in her room (she said this is my house now too! Totally turned my attitude around about getting close to her). Dinner was tostones and fried chicken with ketchup (win!)! I may or may not have eaten it all :). After all, Nati said she's gonna fatten me up by the time I go home in two years lol. Time to start running! After that, I showered, talked to my baby, and now it's time for bed! Despite feeling overwhelmed about the schools and how I'm going to be able to help, today was another good day. Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment